Generic Name: Levothyroxine
Brand Names: Synthroid, Levoxyl, Tirosint, Levothroid, Unithroid
Synthroid is usually used as a replacement for a hormone normally produced by your thyroid gland. The hormone is necessary to regulate the body’s energy and metabolism. Synthroid is prescribed when the thyroid doesn’t produce this hormone on its own enough. This medication cures hypothyroidism (low thyroid hormone). It is also prescribed to prevent or cure goiter (enlarged thyroid gland), which can be caused by radiation treatment, hormone imbalances, cancer or surgery. Synthroid may be prescribed to treat other conditions not mentioned here. Apply to your health care provider to know more about Synthroid.
Follow all instructions. Before you stop using Synthroid contact your health care provider first, even when you feel better. If you stop taking Synthroid too early it may worsen your condition. Please be aware that you should be careful about operating machinery, driving and doing other dangerous tasks. It is recommended to avoid alcohol since it may interact with Synthroid. Don’t give Synthroid to a child before your doctor’s approval.
Please remember that Synthroid should not be taken to cure weight problems or obesity. Death or dangerous side effects may occur from the misuse of Synthroid, especially if you are taking any appetite suppressants or weight-loss medications.
Buy low cost Synthroid online at our pharmacy. You do not need a prescription to order inexpensive Synthroid. Get the cheapest Synthroid at our store and get it delivered right to your door! We ship all our parcels by Registered Air Mail. Place the order right now and enjoy our quick delivery!
Consult your physician before you start taking Synthroid and inform him or her if any of the following medical conditions applies to you:
Almost everyone can use this remedy since thyroid hormone is produced naturally by our body. Though, a patient may not be able to take this medicine if he or she has conditions listed below:
- allergic or unusual reaction to other medications, foods, preservatives, dyes
- low bone mineral density, osteoporosis
- a thyroid disorder called thyrotoxicosis
- pituitary gland disorder
- coronary artery disease, heart disease, history of blood clots
- if you have recently had a heart attack, or are having any symptoms of a heart attack which are pain spreading to the jaw or shoulder, chest pain or heavy feeling, sweating, nausea, general ill feeling
- an uncontrolled or untreated adrenal gland disorder
- if you have recently received radiation therapy with iodine (such as I-131)
- pregnancy or breast-feeding
What is the dosage and how should Synthroid be taken?
Important: Synthroid was recommended for your personal use. If other people have the similar symptoms ypu should not share this medication. Take it as lon as it was recommended. Follow all instructions carefully.
The dosage may vary depending on your symptoms and condition.
It is recommended to take Synthroid on an empty stomach with a full glass of water, 30 min before breakfast. It is better to take it at the same time each day.
Don’t forget to inform any dentist or doctor who treats you that you are using Synthroid.
You may feel improvement after several weeks of treatment. Continue treatment even if you feel well.
It is important not to forget to take a dose. If you forgot to take the remedy, take it at your earliest opportunity. But do not take two doses at a time. It is also extremely important to realize that larger doses may cause serious consequences. Inform medical center immediately if you feel overdosed.
If Synthroid was taken in large doses a patient may notice the following symptoms:
- leg cramps
- chest pain
- shortness of breath
- feeling irritable or nervous
- pounding or fast heartbeats
- cholesterol-lowering drugs, colestipol, cholestyramine
- ferrous sulfate iron supplement
- calcium carbonate (Oystercal, Citracal, Caltrate, and others)
- antacids that contain magnesium or aluminum like Aldroxicon, Di-Gel, Mylanta, Acid Gone, Gaviscon, Alternagel, Mintox, Gelusil, Rolaids, Maalox, Rulox, Maldroxal, Pepcid Complete, Milk of Magnesia, Mylagen
- sodium polystyrene sulfonate (Kionex, Kayexalate, and others)
- cotton seed meal, high-fiber foods, walnuts and infant soy formula
Your health care provider should be informed about all remedies, herbs, prescription and non-prescription medications, dietary supplements you are taking. Also report if you smoke, use illegal drugs or drink alcohol.
Serious side effects which you must report immediately
- changes in your menstrual periods
- irregular or fast heart rate
- diarrhea, weight changes, vomiting, appetite changes
- sleep problems
- hot flashes, fever, sweating
Less serious side effects:
- mild hair loss
This list may be not complete. Please call your health care provider if you feel any side effect.
Keep Synthroid away from direct light and moisture, at room temperature and away from kids and animals.
This info may not cover all possible warnings, precautions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, side effects, uses and directions.