Generic Name: levofloxacin
Brand Name: Levaquin, Levaquin, Leva-Pak
Levaquin (levofloxacin) belongs to antibiotics which are called fluoroquinolones. This medicine helps to fight bacteria in the body. It is prescribed to cure bacterial infections of the skin, kidneys, sinuses, prostate or bladder and bacterial infections which cause pneumonia or bronchitis and to cure patients who have been exposed to plague or anthrax.
Levaquin may be prescribed to treat other conditions not mentioned here. Apply to your health care provider to know more about Levaquin.
Follow all instructions. Before you stop using Levaquin contact your health care provider first, even when you feel better. If you stop taking Levaquin too early it may worsen your condition. Please be aware that you should be careful about operating machinery, driving and doing other dangerous tasks. It is recommended to avoid alcohol since it may interact with Levaquin. Don’t give Levaquin to a child before your doctor’s approval.
Buy low cost Levaquin online at our pharmacy. You do not need a prescription to order inexpensive Levaquin. Get the cheapest Levaquin at our store and get it delivered right to your door! We ship all our parcels by Registered Air Mail. Place the order right now and enjoy our quick delivery!
If you have problems with muscles you may not be able to take this medication. Inform your physician in case you have a history of myasthenia gravis.
Avoid using Levaquin in case you have allergy to levofloxacin or other fluoroquinolones (gemifloxacin, ciprofloxacin, ofloxacin, moxifloxacin, norfloxacin, and others).
Contact your physician before you start taking Levaquin and inform him or her if any of the medical conditions listed below applies to you:
- allergic or unusual reaction to other medications, foods, preservatives, dyes
- pregnancy or breast-feeding
- problems with kidney or liver
- a history of allergy to antibiotics
- bone problems
- a family or personal history of Long QT syndrome
- decreased potassium level in blood
- a heart rhythm disorder, especially if you take medication to treat it
- diabetes (especially if you take oral diabetes medication or use insulin)
- a history of brain tumor or head injury
- a nerve or muscle disorder
- tendon problems, joint problems (especially in children)
- epilepsy or seizures
- if you use a blood thinner (Coumadin, warfarin,) and have “INR” or prothrombin time tests
What is the dosage and how should Levaquin be taken?
Important: Levaquin was recommended for your personal use. If other people have the similar symptoms you should not share this medication. Take it as it was recommended. Follow all instructions carefully.
The dosage may vary depending on your symptoms and condition.
Take your dose with a full glass of water, with or without food. Try to take a dose at the same time each day. It is important to drink much fluid every day. Levaquin is not used to cure viral infection like flu or cold.
It is important not to forget to take a dose. If you forgot to take the remedy, take it at your earliest opportunity. But do not take two doses at a time. It is also extremely important to realize that larger doses may cause serious consequences. Inform medical center immediately if you feel overdosed.
- didanosine (Videx) chewable tablets or powder
- antacids which contain aluminum or magnesium like Mylanta, Maalox or Rolaids, or the ulcer medicine sucralfate (Carafate)
- mineral supplements, vitamin or that contain, iron, zinc, magnesium
- a diuretic or “water pill”
- heart rhythm pills – disopyramide, amiodarone, dronedarone, dofetilide, procainamide, , sotalol, quinidine and others
- nonsteroidal-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs- ibuprofen, aspirin, naproxen, diclofenac, celecoxib, meloxicam, indomethacin and others
- pills which are prescribed to cure mental disorders or depression – clomipramine, amitriptylline, iloperidone, desipramine, nortriptyline, imipramine and others
Avoid staying in the sun. Use protective clothing when you are go out.
Your health care provider should be informed about all remedies, herbs, prescription and non-prescription medications, dietary supplements you are taking. Also report if you smoke, use illegal drugs or drink alcohol.
Serious side effects which you must report immediately
- allergy (rapid heart rate, skin rash, hives, swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat, difficult breathing
- swelling or tearing of (rupture) a tendon – swelling, stiffness, sudden pain, tenderness, movement problems, bruising, popping or snapping sound in any of your joints
- permanent nerve damage – burning pain, numbness, tingling, or being more sensitive to temperature, light touch, or the sense of your body position
- headache with severe dizziness, chest pain and, fainting
- fast or pounding heartbeats
- bloody or watery diarrhea
- sore throat
- easy bleeding or bruising
- feeling anxious or restless
- mouth sores
- upper stomach pain
- sudden weakness or ill feeling
- dark urine
- loss of appetite
- increased pressure inside the skull – ringing in your ears, severe headaches, nausea, dizziness, pain behind your eyes, vision problems
- paranoia, hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior
- confusion, insomnia, tremors, nightmares
- clay-colored stools
- trouble breathing or muscle weakness
- jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
Common side effects:
- mild dizziness
- mild diarrhea
- mild headache
This list may be not complete. Please call your health care provider if you feel any side effect.
Keep Levaquin away from direct light and moisture, at room temperature and away from kids and animals.
Warning: This info may not cover all possible warnings, precautions, drug interactions, allergic reactions, side effects, uses and directions.