Generic name: Eroticoxib
Brand names: Arcoxia, Nucoxia, Tauxib, Algix
How does it work?
Arcoxia belongs to the type of drugs called NSAIDs. Selective COX-2 inhibitor, it is used to block the formation of prostaglandins. This remedy provides antipyretic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect. Selective inhibition of COX-2 is accompanied by a decrease in severity of clinical symptoms associated with inflammation, with no effect on platelet function and gastrointestinal mucosa.
When do I need to use this medicine?
Take this medicine to treat the following conditions:
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Inflammatory symptoms and pain connected with acute gouty arthritis
- Symptomatic medication of respiratory diseases and conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis
How to use the drug?
Note: This remedy was prescribed to you only. Do not share this medicament with others.
You may take this remedy with food or without it. Drink this remedy with a full glass of water.
If it was prescribed to cure osteoarthrosis, take 60 mg once a day.
If it was prescribed to cure ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid arthritis, take 90 mg once a day.
During acute gouty arthritis treatment, take 120 mg once a day.
Don’t take the medicine in a dose of 120 mg longer than 8 days. You must take the lowest effective dose with the lowest possible short course. The average dose to treat pain is 60 mg.
From the side of the digestive system:
frequent – dyspepsia, nausea, epigastric pain, flatulence, diarrhea, and sometimes – duodenal ulcer or ulcer of the gastric mucosa , ulcers of the oral mucosa, belching, gastritis, constipation, oesophagitis, irritable bowel syndrome, dryness of the oral mucosa, bloating, vomiting, increased peristalsis; extrmely rarely – hepatitis, gastrointestinal ulcers (with perforation or bleeding)
From the side of the nervous system:
- often – weakness, dizziness, headache;
- infrequently – violations of sensitivity, sleep disturbances, paresthesia / hyperaesthesia, depression, anxiety, concentration disturbances, a violation of taste, and
- sometimes – confusion, hallucinations
From the side of senses:
sometimes – blurred vision vertigo, conjunctivitis, tinnitus
From the side of the cardiovascular system:
- frequent – increased blood pressure, heartbeat;
- rare – atrial fibrillation, cerebrovascular accident, the tides, myocardial infarction, nonspecific ECG changes, failure, congestive heart ,
- very rarely – hypertensive crisis
From the side of the respiratory system:
- sometimes – cough, epistaxis, shortness of breath,
- very rarely – bronchospasm
From the side of the musculoskeletal system:
sometimes – muscle twitching, arthralgia, myalgia
- Full or partial combination of recurrent nasal polyposis, bronchial asthma or paranasal sinuses and intolerance of aspirin and other NSAIDs (including history)
- Active gastrointestinal bleeding
- Erosive-ulcerative changes of the mucous membrane of the stomach or duodenum
- Severe heart failure (II-IV functional classes NYHA)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis) in acute
- Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders
- Cerebrovascular or other bleeding
- Children under 16 years
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the remedy
Pregnancy and breastfeeding:
Do not take this remedy during lactation and pregnancy. Remember this drug can negatively influence women’s health and foetus.
There is not enough information about the overdosage of this drug
In a dry place with temperature under 30 C
Warning: Before using the drug you need to consult with your doctor.